St. Luke's Medical Center - College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial (SLMCCM-WHQM): Medical School Application and Interview Experience



Hello there, reader! Thank you for taking the time to click on this post!




Just a bit of what this school is, St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine – William H. Quasha Memorial (SLMCCM-WHQM) is located at Cathedral Heights, Sta. Ignacia St., Quezon City just behind its prominent hospital. Unlike other medical schools, the duration for their Doctor of Medicine program is 5 years where they included senior internship as part of the program. 

The school has an excellent PLE (Physician Licensure Examination) performance for the past years, and through reading some feedbacks about this school, they must have really took excellent care of their students since I have not found anything negative about it yet. :) But I have to say I am bias ‘cause this is my dream medical school. Haha. With all these, let us proceed to my application experience!

The Application

The application was just really super easy and simple. You just have to comply with their requirements and submit it. They are also strict with the NMAT percentile rank. I have seen people asking if SLCM requires the subjects listed on their website and the answer is, no but I believe it is HIGHLY recommended. I lack several units too but I got interviewed. So you just really have to take your shot and try. They will evaluate your TOR naman. Anyway, this is the link to their website. https://stlukesmedcollege.edu.ph/page/admissions

The Interview

I got a text message weeks after I passed my requirements saying that I have to call the school’s registrar for my interview schedule. I was soooooo nervous and worried about my interview here dahil bukod sa this is my dream medical school and I badly wanted in, I always tend to get nervous especially because hindi basta basta ang nag iinterview most of the times. It will be either a head of a department or someone who has a high position and that means, high din ang standards nila. I endlessly prayed for my interview to hopefully go well, and it did! It was just like nakikipagkwentuhan ka about your life and your dream but it was still nerve-racking cause yung kaharap mo head ng ganitong department.

On the day of the interview, guess what. I was late. Huhu. Napa-facepalm na lang ako when I saw the attendance and ako na lang yung walang pirma. Nakakahiya talaga. Huhu. (As far as I can remember, 15 kaming interviewees ng 8am-10am. Meron pang names below us and I did not see their schedule. I guess same day din iba lang ang time.) I am from the province so my dad and I left our apartment at 4 in the morning to hopefully be there at at least 7am but I got there at 8am. The trip was supposed to be a 2-hour travel but ang traffic!!! I did not expect that I would be that late. Buti na lang I did not miss anything except for the video presentation they left playing on the waiting room. When I finally arrived at the waiting area, I sat at the nearest seat possible. Silently praying and hoping that I did not miss anything (which I did not). Few minutes later, nagroll call and the usher was calling some names na to have their interview.

The waiting room pala was at their library and I must say, ang awesome kasi may pakain. Hahahaha. At ang ganda talaga ng facilities nila. During the last part of the interview, I was told I could tour myself around the building pero I did not kasi nakakahiya. Hahaha.

Anyway, the interview was composed of the usual questions; basic information about yourself, your features that will make you a great Lukan doctor, why medicine, why this school, who will finance and such. May follow-up questions din.

I have heard the usher say that the interview will be strictly 15 minutes only per interviewee. So better be smart and authentic about your answers because you only have a few minutes to prove yourself and to fight for a slot.  

So I guess this ends here. I really wish I would be accepted. Thanks for reading this lengthy post. :)

And oh, if you are planning or having doubts to apply to any medical school, this is your sign. Go lang!! Try lang. You never know where it can bring you! Best of luck future doctor!!!



Comments